View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Macheda 

Post Re: Macheda
I'm not sold on Welbeck yet, he still looks like a giraffe on ice sometimes.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 am
UO Illegal Cannuck

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ps?cc=5901

Manchester United striker Federico Macheda has said he fully intends to return to the club when his loan spell with Sampdoria comes to an end - and that he is missing the fish and chips back home in England and is desperate to return.

Macheda, who scored the winner for Italy Under-21s against England on Tuesday night, moved to Samp last month but has yet to find the back of the net in six Serie A appearances. His only goal so far came in a 2-2 Coppa Italia draw at home to Udinese.

It had been speculated that Macheda could move to the Luigi Ferraris on a permanent basis in the summer, but he insists he has no intention of remaining in Italy.

Macheda said: "I'm looking forward to getting back to Manchester. I don't like the English weather but I do like the fish and chips. You can't get them in Italy and I miss them.

"I was nearly 16 when I went to Manchester United (from Lazio) and I do love it there. I'm almost English. My friends now say I speak better English than Italian. Of course I'm looking forward to going back. I've had a few injuries but I think things are getting better now.

"I think Sir Alex is looking out for me. I spoke to him three weeks ago on the phone and I spoke to him before I came here. He said: 'If there's anything you need, just call me'.

"Because he's still my coach I still feel like I'm in his long-term plans, of course. My ambition is to be part of Manchester United because that's where I want to go.

"I've been at Sampdoria for a month now and I'm really happy. Obviously it's not like Manchester United - because Manchester United is a proper club - but I'm happy to be here and I want to do well, for myself and the team.

"I've got six months on loan and I hope to do well to get back there even stronger to show what I can do.

"My ambition is to be part of Manchester United because that's where I want to be."

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm
Site Admin

Sounds like he's off on loan somewhere again in the new year.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -Year-loan

If we're expecting him to stay at United over the next few years then I'd fully expect him to be loaned out to another English club so that he can get some regular playing time in the Premier League.

There was no point in his time spent at Sampdoria and it seems to have set him back a bit so if he goes overseas again then the only reason I can see it being beneficial is to put him in the shop window for a potential sale next summer.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:12 am
Profile WWW