View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Kiev (home) 

Post Kiev (home)
Rumours today that Saha will start - possibly the boss will use this one to give some minutes to the likes of him, Carrick and Nani - possibly even half an hour for Gary Neville - thoughts?

I didn't think Kiev looked much cop defensively, so could be wise to shuffle the team a little, particularly with a tough game against Blackburn before the international break???

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:39 pm
UO Illegal Cannuck

I'd like to see some of the fringe players given a chance in this match. Home game and we look to be in a good position. At least bring them on later on if things are going well..

Nani will start most likely and so will Carrick, would like to see Pique play as well...Good match to give the Gary minutes under his belt.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:06 pm

Not much of an opinion from me on Saha starting, but I think it's important G Nev gets 20 min to half an hour. Not much pressure on us thankfully. Giggs could probably rest with Nani starting as well. Maybe give Pique a longer game too.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:06 pm

We made it difficult for ourselves last season by taking our foot off the gas before we had qualified. I hope we don't do the same this year, becuase Sporting are a good side and Roma away will be very tough. I'd like to see us start with a near full strength team against Kiev and then rest a few if we're looking comfortable.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 pm

The only quastion is - with which score we'll win...
Youth should have some practice.
Poor Dinamo...

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:00 pm
Profile ICQ
UO Illegal Cannuck

Poor Dinamo...

You've not followed football much have you? That's the only thing I can decipher if you make a statement like that!

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:04 pm

helly wrote:
Poor Dinamo...

You've not followed football much have you? That's the only thing I can decipher if you make a statement like that!

Dear Zain, I live in Ukraine and I know what is Dinamo Kiev when they've lost 3 matches. So I know what I'm talking about. Only miracle can save them...

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:22 pm
Profile ICQ
UO 2005/06 League Champion

Dear Zain, I live in Ukraine and I know what is Dinamo Kiev when they've lost 3 matches. So I know what I'm talking about. Only miracle can save them...

If our players had the same mentallity as you we'd be fucked. No team in the champions league needs 'a miracle'.

Last edited by Ste on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:06 pm
UO Muppet Hater

Helly, I am sure people said the said when we played Coventry, York City, Copenhagen, Exeter, Burton Albion and many others that we embaressing failed to beat. If you knew who would win a match there would be no point of it being played. Of course we are favourites to win and I am not saying we will not win, but making statements such as yours are just pathetic.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:06 pm

Oli, let's face the truth - Dinamo Kiev at the moment is a very weak team with the hole in defence and on the net!

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:12 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Completely agree. We're the favourites for this one but if we underestimate them then there could be an upset.

I can't remember what season it was but we needed to beat Dynamo in the last game of the group stages to get through and it should have been easy but we won the game 1-0 and they missed an absolute sitter in the last minute which would have knocked us out.

Dynamo certainly aren't as strong as they used to be and even at home don't look as dangerous as they were but underestimating anyone in football will lead to upsets.

If we want to win the Champions League or Premiership then all the players need to go out with the mentality that it will be a difficult game otherwise the likes of Dynamo or Derby could upset us.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
UO Muppet Hater

Oli, let's face the truth - Dinamo Kiev at the moment is a very weak team with the hole in defence and on the net!

Let's face some other truths:
1) You do not understand football if you hink you can KNOW a result BEFORE a match
2) You are not welcome on this board if you continue to write absolute shit in most threads
3) Enough moderators on this board are happy to ban you if you carry on like this
4) Go read up about United before you join in
5) Listen a bit harder and type a little less shit

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:17 pm

helly wrote:

Let's face some other truths:
1) You do not understand football if you hink you can KNOW a result BEFORE a match
2) You are not welcome on this board if you continue to write absolute shit in most threads
3) Enough moderators on this board are happy to ban you if you carry on like this
4) Go read up about United before you join in
5) Listen a bit harder and type a little less shit

1) I'm not saying I KNOW the result of the game! I mean I'm sure we''ll win! It's different things!
2) Dinamo hasn't been a strong team since Shevchenko left it for Milan!
3) Stop getting at me after each post, okay, Oli?

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile ICQ
UO Muppet Hater

1) You asked me to 'proove you wrong' which is impossible moron. Firstly I am unable to give proof of a match before it is played and secondly i always agreed we are highly likely to win.

2) I agree Kiev are a weak team. But so were many other teams we have not beaten that I stood in the cold and watched. Seeing as you know nothing about the club, why dont you look up the games I mentioned above that we did not win - including teams like Burton or Exeter that are far worse than Kiev.

3) Stop giving me an excuse. In fact, multiple excuses.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:28 pm
UO Illegal Cannuck

Zain wrote:
helly wrote:
Poor Dinamo...

Dear Helly,
I actually blame myself and all of us for actually trying to have a sensible debate with you and thinking that you'll actually think before typing.

I've been on this forum for more than 5 years now, and so has everyone else and we've seen the number of muppets that come here. So we ALL know what we're talking about.
Only a miracle can save you from getting banned..

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:54 pm
UO's Cork Lass

Meanwhile back on topic (and lets try to keep it like that eh :wink:)......

Looking forward to the game. Should be a good match. With every game that passes Tevez and Rooney gel that bit more. Anderson's looking immense. I love Champions League home games. Atmosphere is better. Players seem really up for putting on a show. Its what United is all about.

I'm expecting a good win but football is football and we've been over confident before only to come crashing down with a bang. No sense in thinking it'll be a walk over. We need the players to want to win rather than just think they will. Saying it is one thing. Doing it is another.

Please help the Manchester United Supporters Trust to get 100,000 members- it won't cost you anything and your email address is protected by the Data Protection Act. Join for free at https://www.joinmust.org/join/free.php

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Just take the points and no injuries please...

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

Hopefully we'll carry on the momentum from the Arsenal match, which will (I hope) prove to be too much for our opponents.

I think the key as always will be an early goal, and then just taking it to them the whole match.

If I had to predict, I think realistically we could score 3-4 goals

prediction - 3-0 United

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
UO Gaffer

Just hope we don't take the chance to rest people. The league doesn't look too bad for a while so would make more sense to get qualification nailed.

Start full strength and go at them, get a lead then rest a few. No sense taking them for granted but if we get about them they won't be able to live with us.

3-1 United.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:31 am
Hungry like the Wolf

I'd be happy to give Saha, Carrick and Neville minutes in this one. I'd like to see Tezev and Saha start up front and see how they play together for 45 minutes.
We can't afford to rest too many players as we still need to win the game, but we do need to have one eye on what is going to be a very hard game on Sunday.
3 points and no injuries and I’d be more than happy.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:56 am