View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Arsenal v United 
Hungry like the Wolf

Doddy7 wrote:
I just thank God that so far my wife hasn't tried to stop any of my football.

I'll admit she has reduced me to the kind of man that takes satisfaction from turning a pile of washing into neatly ironed wardrobe content no man should be reduced to that

Luckily I don't get involved with the washing and ironing. I just concentrate on maintenance, looking after the garden, fixing things putting shelves up.
And I must admit that I do enjoy the gardening, it's a really nice way to relax. :oops:

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:01 am

im beginning to get scared / excited / anxious!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:38 pm
Site Admin

The Arse supporters are celebrating the equaliser like they've won...what a bunch of small time arseholes... :roll:

Like I've always said, they want sooo much to be like us... :D

To be fair, they play some real good football.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:47 pm

great game. Don't think i can criticise anything from our game really. Anderson was again my MOM before being subbed. Evra a close second.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:49 pm

Thought the whole team played very well. Disappointed not to get all three points in the circumstances but not a bad result. Certainly wasn't whooping and jumping about salvaging a point - I wouldn't expect United's players and fans to do that at Old Trafford at this stage of the season either.

The only quibble I had was O'Shea on for Brown - O'Shea made two or three errors and, Arsenal having had nothing down that side until he came on, they had two or three good attacks down that side, including the one which led to the equaliser. Maybe Brown had a knock, if not it was a bad decision. Saha, on the other hand, did terrifically to create our second goal. Good to have him back, however brief it may be.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Actually I liked the game, but.. shit... we missed the victory on the last minutes...
I didn't like Anderson...

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:08 pm
Profile ICQ

Little disappointed to have thrown away the lead twice, specially since the second was in the last 2 minutes...

But I think we can console ourselves with the fact that - at the start of the game, if Arsenal and United were offered a draw as a final result at the Emirates (where the Arses have done so well) United would've probably accepted it more happily than Arsenal.
All in all a breathtaking game in the second half - had me at the edge of my seat for the most part there. Anderson, Evra and Rooney all played well IMO, and it was Saha's pass alone that set up the 2nd goal. Its reasons like this you get so frustrated with him being injured so often - what he's capable of, very few people see.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:37 pm
UO Muppet Hater

I'm so exited...
Actually I liked the game, but.. shit... we missed the victory on the last minutes...

You are just a fucking wind up merchant aren't you? You do not have a fucking clue.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:43 pm
Site Admin

Man of the match for me was Ferdinand... as expected he completely took Adebayor out the game and did very little in the final third.

Despite the goal and assist I thought Ronaldo had one of his quietest games. Rooney and Tevez worked hard whilst Anderson had a decent game in the middle but it wasn't nice to see both him and Evra making a meal out of the challenges that were made on them or Anderson running up to the ref pleading for a player to be booked... I know other teams do it but it's not the United way and not nice to see but he's only young and I'm sure he'll learn in the same way as Ronaldo.

Pleased with a point but a little bit disappointed that we couldn't hold on for the three points.

The draw was probably the fair result though.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I'm so exited...

Tick, tock, tick tock... :twisted:

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:11 pm

As I understood, if I didn't like Anderson today for some subjective reasons I made a terrible crime???

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:19 pm
Profile ICQ
UO Gaffer

I agree with Dave, Arsenals biggest threat the last weeks looked like a lightweight today all thanks for Ferdinand. I think Giggs had a terrible game was off the pace maybe he needs some more matches to get back in his best gear.

Anderson was ok in the midfield but please let Fergie throw a shoe at the kid, begging at the referee for a card was something I never want to see from him in a United shirt.

Tevez and Ronaldo were both quiet for my liking.

But before the game I would have settled for a draw so I have to be pleased to be honest

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:47 pm
Profile WWW

Evra my man of the match, followed closely by Looney/Hargreaves. Anderson was better than i thought he would be but like said he needs telling about the asking for a card and rolling around like you've been shot 3 times......fair result thought Hleb & Rosiky were good for Arseholes.....shame we couldn't keep them out a the death but i would have taken 2-2 prior to game so happyish!!!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 pm
UO Gaffer

Anderson was ok in the midfield but please let Fergie throw a shoe at the kid, begging at the referee for a card was something I never want to see from him in a United shirt.

Spot on mate didn't like that at all. Good on Edwin for telling him to calm the fuck down. As long as he learns then great but that is not our way.

Engrossing kind of game though eh? Not what I expected but edge of the seat stuff for sure. Shaping up to be another tasty season!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 pm

Evra my man of the match, followed closely by Looney/Hargreaves. Anderson was better than i thought he would be but like said he needs telling about the asking for a card and rolling around like you've been shot 3 times......fair result thought Hleb & Rosiky were good for Arseholes.....shame we couldn't keep them out a the death but i would have taken 2-2 prior to game so happyish!!!

I also liked Evra most of all... And, maybe, Giggs.
Evra gave perfect pass on C. Ronaldo while scoring second goal and he played quite well in defence.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:31 pm
Profile ICQ
UO Gaffer

genius move of the game by Fergie, I think everybody would have hoped on Nani coming on, I can honestly say I was. but the mastermove was bringing on Saha, turned the game around, you know what would have happened if we didn't took the lead with the 2-1

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:15 am
Profile WWW
UO Muppet Hater

As I understood, if I didn't like Anderson today for some subjective reasons I made a terrible crime???

He was fantastic. It shows you knwo fuck all about United.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:41 am
Site Admin

you know what would have happened if we didn't took the lead with the 2-1

No way of knowing that Alwyn... the game would have been completely different and Arsenal wouldn't have been chasing the game as much. For all we know we may have scored right at the end anyway and won the game 2-1 but I do agree that Saha's pass for the second goal was top quality and it was the right decision.

The O'Shea substitution was a bit bizarre though unless Brown was injured.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:43 am
Profile WWW

A draw was a fair result, i heard Fergie complain about the Arsenal 2nd goal, i agree with what he said, Saha was fouled in the middle and from it Arsenal moved forward and got their 2nd goal, to be fair i thought the Reff had a good game and to be honest i thought Wes Brown fouled an Arsenal player in the build up for our 1st goal.
It was not a spectacular game, but it was not a bad game either, Anderson played very well but Evra was my MOM.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:10 pm
UO Muppet Hater

Fans View is on the blog. Small time Arsenal twats, it was like they had won the world cup.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:54 pm