View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Fergie convinced over Tev and Roo 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Danger Zone
Post Fergie convinced over Tev and Roo
Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez can become the perfect partners after watching them put Middlesbrough in a spin.

Image
Tevez & Rooney: 'Perfect partners'

Many pundits felt the duo were too similar to play together when Tevez arrived from West Ham. But any doubts over their link-up play have long since been dismissed.

In six games together, the pair have contributed nine goals to six wins, with another three at Old Trafford helping United account for Middlesbrough in a 4-1 win which saw the hosts equal a 100-year-old record.

Not since Billy Meredith's day have the Red Devils scored four times in four successive games and while that record is not likely to be extended in next Saturday's crunch showdown with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, it is the Gunners who should be fearful as Rooney and Tevez scent blood.

"Wayne and Carlos are doing fantastically well together," said Ferguson.

"They will mature and develop as experienced players. When they do that, hopefully we will see the complete partnership."

Ferguson claimed United's third goal - and Tevez's first - summed up the effectiveness of their partnership.

After cushioning Anderson's lofted pass into Rooney's path, Tevez continued his run, finishing clinically when the Merseysider returned possession with an inspired back-heel.

"It needed quick thinking, great vision and courage," said Ferguson.

"Wayne was in the box and he could have taken a touch. But he knows Carlos is making the run and the back-heel puts him in. It was a fantastic goal."

The sublime effort effectively sealed victory for United, although it had a major rival for goal of the game given Nani had put the hosts in front with an unstoppable 30-yard piledriver even better than the memorable winner against Tottenham two months ago.

"Nani only deals in thunderbolts," enthused Ferguson.

"He is coming along nicely for us now and he had a great impact today."

Given their run of 10 straight wins - Carling Cup loss to Coventry apart - Nani's third-minute strike might have put United on easy street for the remainder of the contest.

Instead, Jeremie Aliadiere levelled with his first Premier League goal for five years and the first United had conceded in the league at Old Trafford this term.

The hosts struggled for a while afterwards but, on a day of statistics, Rooney belted them back in front with his eighth goal in seven games for club and country after Stewart Downing had dwelled on the ball too long inside his own area.

Tevez completed victory with a late strike Andrew Taylor's acrobatic dive could not keep out as United's modern day legends joined their counterparts from a century ago in the history books.

With Owen Hargreaves lasting almost three-quarters of the game on only his fourth appearance since arriving from Bayern Munich, the day could not have gone much better for Ferguson and his men.

And the news from Stamford Bridge after the final whistle only brought even more glee as rivals City had been thumped 6-0 by Chelsea.

"For weeks we were only scoring one, now it is four," said Ferguson.

"Some of our attacking play at times is very good."

Ferguson was correct but opposite number Gareth Southgate felt his side contained Rooney and Tevez for long periods, only to be undone by their own mistakes.

"The second goal killed us," he reflected.

"I don't like having to talk about defeats every week but I actually feel better after that performance than against Chelsea last week, when we only conceded two.

"I actually felt we dealt with a lot of the problems United were causing us, although in the end they were too good."

Teamtalk


Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 am
Posts: 8728
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Post 
Aren't you a Michael Owen fan?
What are you doing on a Manchester United forum?

http://www.michaelowen.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=1095

Thanks to JD for the spot... 8)


Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Danger Zone
Post 
Hi Darren,

Yeah, I`m a Michael Owen fan. he`s one of my favourite players. but I`ve never supported Liverpool or Newcastle. `cause simply I`m a hard-core Man United-fan!! :wink:


Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:03 pm
Profile
UO Illegal Cannuck
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:02 pm
Posts: 4649
Post 
Miss Dangerous wrote:
Hi Darren,

Yeah, I`m a Michael Owen fan. he`s one of my favourite players. but I`ve never supported Liverpool or Newcastle. `cause simply I`m a hard-core Man United-fan!! :wink:



According to your Juventus Forum profile, you're also the "Biggest Fan Ever"of Juventus, and you also support Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?
You're other favourite player besides Beckham and Owen is Del Piero?

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/member.php?u=6099

and According to your Real Madrid Forum profile, you also like Raul and Zidane and your dream is to go to the Santiago Benrabeu and meet the "WHITES" in person...

http://www.realmadridnews.ultra-boards. ... ile&uid=16

So how many other teams do you support?


Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 59
Post 
...burn her!


Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 5362
Post 
haha thread of the week.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:13 am
Profile
Hungry like the Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:56 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Post 
SAF wrote:
...burn her!


Are you trying to suggest that she is a witch? If so then maybe we should throw you on as well for your previous Arsenal comments?

_________________
Formally Simonlebon - it's lonely in here


Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:34 am
Profile
UO Gaffer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:59 pm
Posts: 5765
Location: Newcastle
Post 
She turned me into a newt.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 am
Posts: 8728
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Post 
I got better...


Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 am
Posts: 8728
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Post 
Miss Dangerous wrote:
`cause simply I`m a hard-core Man United-fan!! :wink:
Right...and I'm the pope...


Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Danger Zone
Post 
Yes, I support Man United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus.
I love all of the players that you`ve mentioned above.

by the way: thank you for your searching. I really can`t imagine myself taking part of my time, looking for info about some member of the forum. I appreciate it!! now, I don`t have to interoduce myself, since you already know everything about me.

your searching made me feel how important and significant that I am!! :wink:


Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:35 pm
Profile
UO Muppet Hater
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:09 am
Posts: 13284
Location: London
Post 
I give you 3 more hours before you get banned moron.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:39 pm
Profile
Hungry like the Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:56 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Post 
Miss Dangerous wrote:
your searching made me feel how important and significant that I am!! :wink:


I think the searching was to point out how deluded you are. :roll:

_________________
Formally Simonlebon - it's lonely in here


Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:42 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 am
Posts: 8728
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Post 
Doddy7 wrote:
I think the searching was to point out how deluded you are. :roll:


12 year old girls are like that... :wink:

Anyway, Miss Dangerous, if you want to remain a member of this forum I would suggest that you slow the postings to a minimum unless you'd like to discuss football. Perhaps take the time to read a bit in here, before you bombard us with inane postings copied from web sites you visit. Re-posting every single news story on the net is only taking up precious bandwidth here. If you meant to be helpful, thank you, but no thank you. We do appreciate the sharing but we are not a collection of little girls infatuated with things here as you obviously are yourself.

In short, cool it or you'll be gone double quick.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Danger Zone
Post 
Doddy7 wrote:
Miss Dangerous wrote:
your searching made me feel how important and significant that I am!! :wink:


I think the searching was to point out how deluded you are. :roll:


First of all, I don`t know you in person.. so, I won`t dare to jugde you (the way you did to me., since you don`t know me neither)

Secondly, you don`t have the right to call me Deluded, because I didn`t pretend anything. everything I said was real (I`m a huge Man United-fan) I`ve supported it since 1998 and I watched every possible match of the Reds. I`ve never been against them and will never be.

Yes, I support 3 other teams and I love them too!! but you can`t call me deluded. since nobody asked me in the first place!!

Nobody asked me whether Man United is my only club or I support anyother club beside it!

If you asked me, then I lied to you.. then you can call me Deluded!!

If you don`t like, or don`t want me in this forum! I don`t care.. but all I`m asking is respect!!


Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 am
Posts: 8728
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Post 
Miss Dangerous wrote:
I`ve supported it since 1998 and I watched every possible match of the Reds. I`ve never been against them and will never be.

Unless possibly they come against Madrid, Juve or Bayern... :lol:

Quote:
Yes, I support 3 other teams and I love them too!! but you can`t call me deluded. since nobody asked me in the first place!!

Why would we even care who other than Manchester United that you support?
Quote:
Nobody asked me whether Man United is my only club or I support anyother club beside it!

That would probably be because most people support one club. And, that club is not the "flavour of the month club" or the team with the "cutest" footballers...
Quote:
If you asked me, then I lied to you.. then you can call me Deluded!!

I wouldn't call you deluded. I'd call you infatuated.
Quote:
If you don`t like, or don`t want me in this forum! I don`t care.. but all I`m asking is respect!!

Respect is something you earn, not something you deserve. Ask your parents, I'm sure that they will explain it to you...


Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 pm
Profile
UO Muppet Hater
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:09 am
Posts: 13284
Location: London
Post 
Miss Dangerous wrote:
Doddy7 wrote:
Miss Dangerous wrote:
your searching made me feel how important and significant that I am!! :wink:


I think the searching was to point out how deluded you are. :roll:


First of all, I don`t know you in person.. so, I won`t dare to jugde you (the way you did to me., since you don`t know me neither)

Secondly, you don`t have the right to call me Deluded, because I didn`t pretend anything. everything I said was real (I`m a huge Man United-fan) I`ve supported it since 1998 and I watched every possible match of the Reds. I`ve never been against them and will never be.

Yes, I support 3 other teams and I love them too!! but you can`t call me deluded. since nobody asked me in the first place!!

Nobody asked me whether Man United is my only club or I support anyother club beside it!

If you asked me, then I lied to you.. then you can call me Deluded!!

If you don`t like, or don`t want me in this forum! I don`t care.. but all I`m asking is respect!!


Supporting 4 football teams is like loving 4 wives equally. It does not work like that. You have a club, it is in your blood, nothing else matters. That si why you are not going to fit in here and should vanish, you just do not get it.

Many of us travel every week to watch United, for me personally that includses travelling from the UK to New York, Japan, Hong Kong as well as all over Europe. United means so much to us, not just one of a few teams we look out for.

United is in my blood, it is like my family. That is why your babble, pathetic posts and views are completely unwelcome here.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Danger Zone
Post 
Quote:
Unless possibly they come against Madrid, Juve or Bayern... :lol:


Then it`s my business not yours!!

Quote:
Why would we even care who other than Manchester United that you support?


So, why would you make a search? and try to make a big deal out of it?!

Quote:
That would probably be because most people support one club. And, that club is not the "flavour of the month club" or the team with the "cutest" footballers...


Well, I know so many people who love more than one team! but even if the most people support one club, it doesn`t mean that I should follow them! I do whatever my heart and mind tell me. as long as I`m happy.. screw the others. :)

Quote:
I wouldn't call you deluded. I'd call you infatuated.


I was this close to like you Darren!!!

Quote:
Respect is something you earn, not something you deserve. Ask your parents, I'm sure that they will explain it to you...


I`ve earned it!! but the problem`s not me!!!


Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 59
Post 
Oli wrote:
I give you 3 more hours before you get banned moron.


.......hope your not referring to me :lol:
ganging up on miss dangerous has really given me a sense of belonging and community on this forum :lol: ........ i am no longer the bullied

............ burn her, ban her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 59
Post 
Miss Dangerous wrote:
Quote:
Unless possibly they come against Madrid, Juve or Bayern... :lol:


Then it`s my business not yours!!

Quote:
Why would we even care who other than Manchester United that you support?


So, why would you make a search? and try to make a big deal out of it?!

Quote:
That would probably be because most people support one club. And, that club is not the "flavour of the month club" or the team with the "cutest" footballers...


Well, I know so many people who love more than one team! but even if the most people support one club, it doesn`t mean that I should follow them! I do whatever my heart and mind tell me. as long as I`m happy.. screw the others. :)

Quote:
I wouldn't call you deluded. I'd call you infatuated.


I was this close to like you Darren!!!

Quote:
Respect is something you earn, not something you deserve. Ask your parents, I'm sure that they will explain it to you...


I`ve earned it!! but the problem`s not me!!!


go on oli, destroy her!!!!!! PS how did the UO terminator aka Darren know to look for her elsewhere??!!?! i m confused


Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum style by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.