View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Man Utd fear Scholes out three months 
UO Gaffer

Agree. Someone definitely needs to step up, as good as the new boys have looked the Ginger Prince leads by example as well as ability. We'll miss him badly especially for away days like this weekend and the Dippers.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 pm
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Im not worried at all we now have options I'd love copper top to be one of them but in his abscence we have .........

Carrick who showed towards the end of last season he has learned alot from Scholes about how to be more effective in the final third.

Anderson who has shown more consistancy & commitment to the role in the side than i expected i imagined he would be like Ronaldo in his first season but the kid has worked as hard if not harder than anyone else in red over the last 3 or 4 games.

Giggs may be getting on in years but more than capable of stepping into that role an turning nothing into something.

Throw into that mix the fact that Tevez & Rooney are both happy to drop into the slot copper top fills and we have seen in recent weeks how much damage they can do then it further backs up the general feeling that this seasons squad can cope far better than the one in 05/06 when his eye injury ruled him out for so long.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:27 pm

i think carrick and hargreaves in the middle will be good enough though! i dont think anderson at the moment will be able to do it for 3 months running. which is why fergie will probably dip him in and out.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Gary Vidic Rio EVra
Ronaldo Anderson Hargreaves Nani
Tevez Rooney

should be more than enough, with Giggsy, Carrick, waiting in the wings

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:18 pm

If Anderson carries on his recent form, and Carrick plays like he did in Scholes' absence against Roma at OT, then fine, but I'm a bit concerned that he's going to be missing for another big chunk of a season. While Anderson has impressed, he lacks the big game experience, and Carrick hasn't been as consistent as we would like. We just have to hope that one, or both, step up to the plate between now and February.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:06 pm

well we are pretty much now through to the next stage of the champions league (one more win and its for sure?)

so just get scholesy back for the next stages of the champions league and i think the league will take care of itself with hargreaves, fletcher, anderson and carrick filling in.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:41 pm