View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Lyon Asked After Evra 
Site Admin

Post Lyon Asked After Evra
http://www.unitedonline.co.uk/news-and- ... hp?id=2249

Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed he made an enquiry about Manchester United's Patrice Evra, but any potential interest in the left-back is likely to subside following the news that Eric Abidal will remain at the club.

With Abidal previously caught up in a transfer wrangle involving Barcelona, Lyon had sought out a possible replacement with the Red Devils defender on a shortlist of three alongside Auxerre's Bakari Sagna and Sylvain Armand of Paris Saint Germain.

However, Lyon have now closed the door to Abidal joining Barcelona after the Spanish giants failed to meet their asking price for the French international.

As such, the Ligue 1 champions are likely to drop their interest in Evra, Armand and Arsenal and Newcastle target Sagna.

"We like Sylvain Armand and (former manager) Gerard Houllier identified him as a priority if Eric was to leave," Aulas told Le Parisien.

"We made enquiries about Patrice Evra and also targeted Sagna, who can play on both sides."

Aulas also underlined that Barcelona's €9million (£6.1million) offer for Abidal fell way short of the club's asking price.

"Eric will stay with Lyon, we have closed the door to Barcelona," Aulas added. "Their offer is too far from the €20million (£13.6million) that we want.

"He is the best left-back in Europe, maybe in the world, so it is the price. Eric knows he is staying, I told him so."

Aulas has further confirmed that Lyon will be disposing of forward Sylvain Wiltord, after he was suspended by the club for inviting girls to the players' hotel before a game against Rennes.

The former Arsenal star still has one year left on his current deal at Stade Gerland, but could now join PSG after being told he has no future at Lyon.

"Sylvain will leave. He crossed the yellow line," Aulas explained.

"We are not discussing a transfer with him but a departure. We could even cancel his contract."

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 pm
UO 2006/07 League Champion

He thanks god everyday for the fact he play's for the greatest club in the world why would he leave ??

I agree with you on this one mate he's gonna be doing the united shirt proud for years to come.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:58 am
Site Admin

Yeah, I've no doubt that he'll still be a United player next season. If Lyon wanted to take Silvestre though then I think a deal could be reached a lot more easily 8)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:17 am
Profile WWW

i dotn understand why or how silvestre is staying.

we have vidic and rio and 2 of the most promosing centre backs around and at left back we have evra, heinze and oshea.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:43 am

NOOOOOO!!! Evra is a good player and i think he will become even better with time so i think he should be kept

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:30 am
Site Admin

NOOOOOO!!! Evra is a good player and i think he will become even better with time so i think he should be kept

I think everyone is in agreement with that. The only discussion is that if it was Silvestre's name being mentioned then we wouldn't be so keen on putting up a fight to hang on to him :wink:

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:19 am
Profile WWW