View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Rossi 
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Post Rossi
He's off the mark in his first start in th under 21's it's a nice way to back his earlier statemant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 761163.stm

Cant see any chance of or point in loaning him out again next season surely this is his time to be given a shot

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:51 pm
Site Admin

http://www.unitedonline.co.uk/news-and- ... hp?id=2248

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:04 pm
Profile WWW

i think hes a bit lightweight, looks great against lads his own age. but we'll see how it deals against terry and carvalho, dawson and king, senderos and toure, carragher and agger etc.

i think he has what it takes, but one more year out on loan would not do him any harm - saying that i want us to keep him and keep him the chance.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:48 pm
i don't see the physical side as a problem at all. Did he play against lightweights in Italy?

I think the question is maybe more to do with the style of premiership football - in that respect he's an unknown quantity.

If he's got the movement, awareness and skill he'll have no problem with the physical side as he won't be using his physique as the main part of his game. He's shown he's got that in one of the best leagues in the world so I'm thinking that if we don't give him his chance now, he'll be wanting to leave next season for someone who will.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:08 pm

He's got the potential to be our next Solskjaer.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:17 pm

He's a class act. He's being courted by both Juventus and Porto, he's looking as good as anyone at the european under 21's, and he almost single handedly kept Parma up. His movement will be far too good against most of the teams in the premier league. His time is now.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:47 pm
UO 2006/07 League Champion

He doesnt play in a role were his size will be an issue he's very similar to Rooney & Scholes in that he knows how to disapear in the gaps to the damage.

Like those 2 he also knows exactly how to time his runs into the box an we all know that when he gets on the end of a cross or pass he finish's better than anyone ive seen at that age an that's been said by Ole & RVN that's not bad

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:55 am
Site Admin

I'd certainly give him a few games against some of the lesser sides in the premiership but make sure that he starts alongside a first choice 10.

There's no point dropping him in the team against the likes of Fulham, Derby, Middlesbrough and then playing people like Richardson, O'Shea with him.

He'll need to be getting service from our top players so hopefully he's given a chance but under the right conditions.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 am
Profile WWW

i really really really hope rossi gets a chance next season.

been watchin his vids this morning and nearly forgot how class he really is.

the lad has done everything right and really deserves to be given a chance as a backup striker.

i for one would have no probs seeing him in the starting lien up over smith or solskjear.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:10 am