View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Evra - class 
UO Gaffer

Post Evra - class
From football365 via Red News.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 12,00.html

Where to start with Patrice Evra? The revelation that he has 23 siblings prompted sceptical sub-editors all over the country to actually do some work for once. The news that Patrice's wife is called Patricia raised smiles too.

But Evra really came to the attention of the nation's more childish football fans when a video emerged of him gallivanting around his bedroom in the aftermath of Monaco's Champions League semi-final win over Chelsea before, in the words of the Daily Mirror, 'he pretends to fall over, then sprints halfnaked to his hotel room's balcony and screams: "Motherf**k, Hasselbaink!" and "suck my pussy, Lampard!"'

Some context is needed: a nasty challenge from Hasselbaink just minutes into the game had left a huge gash in Evra's leg and the trainer signalling for a substitution. He was persuaded to change his mind. "I told him I'd punch him in the face if he made me go off," recalled Evra, speaking after being voted into this season's PFA Team of the Year. "I knew it was a bit mad, but I just had to play, even though my foot felt like it was hanging off. I apologised afterwards."

And from there, he's just gone from strength to strength. The revelation that he asked Gary Neville for the location of the nearest church on his first day at MUFC - "So I can thank God for letting me join the biggest club in the world" was funny even to people who would normally erupt in rage at the suggestion United are any such thing.

But even that was overshadowed by the Frenchman informing the press that he tells Cristiano Ronaldo before training every day: "If you do your stepovers on me I will kill you. I will break your legs and rip up your shirt. I am not here for you to take the mickey out of me."

No, Evra's media appearances don't have the shock value of, say, Joey Barton. But they are increasingly bizarre and - most importantly, always funny.

Indeed, The Sun's pre-Cup final story that a career in football had saved Evra from his days of juvenile delinquency on the streets of Paris - "It's true that, at 16, I was almost sent back to my uncle in Senegal. I stole things, I got into fights and even asked for money at the door of the bread shop" - felt like a bit of an anti-climax.

:D

Last edited by Jonesy on Fri May 25, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 25, 2007 3:30 pm
UO 2005/06 League Champion

But even that was overshadowed by the Frenchman informing the press that he tells Cristiano Ronaldo before training every day: "If you do your stepovers on me I will kill you. I will break your legs and rip up your shirt. I am not here for you to take the mickey out of me."

That had me laughing haha :lol:

class act!

Fri May 25, 2007 4:03 pm
UO 2008/09 League Champion

Fri May 25, 2007 4:26 pm
Hungry like the Wolf

He just gets better and better!

Fri May 25, 2007 4:40 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

Quote:

That had me laughing haha :lol:

class act!

that's hilarious :lol: :lol:

Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Fri May 25, 2007 10:54 pm