View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 am

Norwich 
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Post Norwich
Pretty shocking in all honesty.

The back four, aside from Jones is woeful at the minute.

Evra looks as confused as he is French, Valencia isn't a full time right back and Evans is far too flaky to rely on week in week out.

How we won yesterday is beyond me.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 am

Post Re: Norwich
The luckiest 2-0 win we'll see in a long time..

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm confident the return of Vidic and Smalling will make a big difference. Hopefully a fortnight's recuperation and training will do the ailing Ferdinand some good too. Not sure what has happened to Evra - he's always been prone to being caught out of position due to his attacking instinct, but the number of times in recent games where he has tucked in centrally when there were defenders already covering that area, leaving his flank completely unguarded, is quite alarming.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 pm
Site Admin

Thankfully we were punished due to Norwich's terrible finishing and decision making in the final third. On another day we could quite easily have come away from that game without any points.

Valencia at right back is a bit of a worry, I don't think I've ever seen a player who is so afraid to use his left foot. It doesn't seem to be an issue going forward but the chance he gave them for the one and one simply needed him to pass it back to the keeper with his left foot rather than trying to take two touches with his right. Maybe the communication as a whole in the back line was to blame though.

It's another three points though and as has already been said, once we get Smalling and Vidic back, we should start to look much stronger and we'll need it with Liverpool (a), City (h) and Everton (a).

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 pm
Profile WWW