View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 am

chelsea 

Post chelsea
Probably our worst performance of the season but we managed to come away with three points which was remarkable but the important thing.

We were so careless in midfield and defensively we looked shaky. Rooney despite scoring looked sluggish (his pass to Berbatov near the end, his miss that hit the post and his penalty). Saying that Young and Nani were a real threat and Nani is showing his best form in a United shirt.

Arsenal losing at Blackburn, City dropping two points and Liverpool getting hammered four nil along with our three points made it a fantastic weekend for us though.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Post Re: chelsea
I think today told us a few things. One: as outstanding as our young defence is going to be, we still need at least one of Ferdinand or Vidic in there organising things at the moment. Torres could've scored a hatful today, and a not fully up-to-speed Fletcher and off-colour Anderson in the centre of midfield didn't give the defence enough protection. When we got the ball to our two wingers, we absolutely destroyed them and could have scored six or seven ourselves. It's great we're able to make these mistakes and still have a 100 per cent record. What with City throwing away two points, coupled with the amusing defeats for Arsenal and Liverpool, this couldn't really have been a better weekend results wise. Happy days.

PS Ashley Cole's tackle was as horrid as the man himself. I was relieved to see Hernandez able to walk gingerly down the touchline afterwards, because that could easily have been a leg-breaker. In the commentary both Ray Wilkins and Martin Tyler said he was a "lovely guy" off the field - this being the same Ashley Cole who thought his former employers were "taking the piss" by offering him £55,000 a week.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:25 am
Site Admin

Must have been an excellent game to watch for the neutral but was slightly nerve wracking second half even with the two goal cushion.

But again we showed that going forwards we're probably the most exciting team in the league. Rooney could have had a hatrick again, Berbatov was unlucky at the end and I still think we should have had another penalty for the challenge on Hernandez.

Obviously our defence does need to tighten up a bit as I can't imagine all teams we play missing as many chance as Chelsea did but it could quite easily have finished with a 6-4 scoreline.

Looking forward to seeing a few more youngsters get a chance on Tuesday and then roll on Stoke next Saturday. That's another tough game and difficult place to go.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 am
Profile WWW

Yeah that comment by Wilkins made me laugh. What a horrible tackle, definitely a red card. I am guessing because he was given a yellow card he can't be punished retrospectively.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:30 am

Would quite like Vidic back for the away trip to Stoke, it's going to be a physical battle and De Gea is going to need some protection in front of him.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 am
UO Muppet Hater

Neil wrote:
I think today told us a few things. One: as outstanding as our young defence is going to be, we still need at least one of Ferdinand or Vidic in there organising things at the moment. Torres could've scored a hatful today, and a not fully up-to-speed Fletcher and off-colour Anderson in the centre of midfield didn't give the defence enough protection. When we got the ball to our two wingers, we absolutely destroyed them and could have scored six or seven ourselves. It's great we're able to make these mistakes and still have a 100 per cent record. What with City throwing away two points, coupled with the amusing defeats for Arsenal and Liverpool, this couldn't really have been a better weekend results wise. Happy days.

PS Ashley Cole's tackle was as horrid as the man himself. I was relieved to see Hernandez able to walk gingerly down the touchline afterwards, because that could easily have been a leg-breaker. In the commentary both Ray Wilkins and Martin Tyler said he was a "lovely guy" off the field - this being the same Ashley Cole who thought his former employers were "taking the piss" by offering him £55,000 a week.

Lovely guys don't shoot people at work.

Great result. We are flying.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Loved it!

Yes they had chances but they always will, they are a top 4 side!

I thought Jones slightly lacking in the air, but brilliant on the ground and remarkable for Rooney's goal.

We are flying!

I hate Ashely Cole. Ray 'the crab' can't see through the man because he worked at Chelski. He knew what he was doing :evil:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:39 am

Does anyone else think our first-choice centre-back pairing could now be Jones and Vidic, given Ferdinand's persistent injury troubles? If I was a centre-forward I wouldn't fancy being up against those two.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:02 pm

I still think in the big games if everyone is fit Ferguson will pick Ferdinand and Vidic.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:12 pm