View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

European Cup group 

Post European Cup group
Group C

Manchester United
Benfica
FC Basel
Otelul Galati

Happy enough with that. Someone's obviously been having fun with the Wikpedia entry for Otelul:

"Owned by prominent and well respected football legend Curly Watts, Otelul are known worldwide as an absolutely massive club who, if the legends are true, nearly filled their ground once, back in 1955. This highly debateable version of events has not been proven correct.

The club is also known to have an irrational hatred of Sammy Lee. And massive, milky quavers. But mostly Sammy Lee."

That said, they won the Romanian League last year and the away game will be no picnic. But given the strength of our squad we'd have to really foul up not to qualify top of that group.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm
UO Muppet Hater

Post Re: European Cup group
Easy group on paper, shoudl win every game apart from if we field a silly weak team after having qualified already v Benfica.

I have booked Lisbon and there is a huge science conference that week so literally no hotels available. No idea when anyone will stay.

Luckily the Otelul game has been switched to the brand new impressive national stadium in Bucharest, which is a lot easily than travelling to a small town in the middle of nowhere. It seems to be the one Reds want to go to most for novelty value.

I am missing Basel as I am away that week already, which is such a shame as a beautiful place to go and I missed it last time too.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Post Re: European Cup group
decent group for the team and the fans imo. cant go to Lisbon, hopefully make the other two, or at least Romania, maybe on a day trip if needs be, although id rather stop over :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 am