View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 am

Arsenal (h) 
Site Admin

Post Arsenal (h)
I realise that we've still got Tottenham to play on Monday first but the thought of playing Arsenal at this moment in time probably couldn't be any better for us.

Fabregas has gone, Nasri is more than likely going, Clichy has gone, Eboue has just left whilst Gervinho and Song will now be suspended for the next three games.

They're always dangerous with the likes of Van Persie, Arshavin and Walcott in the side but unless they manage to bring in a couple of decent players it looks like they might have a very difficult season ahead and in my opinion won't be in the top four come May especially if they pick up a couple of injuries.

It'll be interesting to see how they get on against Liverpool this weekend, I'd take a hard-fought 1-1 draw with a couple more red cards :)

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Arsenal (h)
An absolute hiding today. Wayne Rooney was magnificent. IMHO, that was his finest performance in a red shirt. Even apart form the goals. He bossed that match box to box. Ashley Young's goals were also incredible strikes.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Wow what a result I knew arsenal were bad but that was shocking......

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Astonishing. Everyone looks hungry, the passing is sharp, and it's fantastic to see us ripping teams apart again. Weakened they may have been but we didn't let up on them until the final whistle.

Gutting for Welbeck to do his hamstring but what a squad when we can simply throw on Chicharito and still have Berbatov and Owen in reserve.

To go top on goal difference and take the shine off City's afternoon too was the icing on the cake! :lol:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 am
UO 2006/07 League Champion

I had a good mind to phone the police an report Wazza & co for emptying my lungs of air with the breathtaking nature of the display.

An amazing start to the season, to have 9 points an 13 goals scored against the sides we've played with a squad as young as the one we're using currently is unbelievable.

When you think we have Chicharito, Rafeal, Rio & Vidic to come back with Carrick, Owen & Berba as yet unused and further kids from the victorious reserve an youth team sides banging on the door this is lined up to be an awesome season.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
UO Muppet Hater

A few thoughts, good and bad:

1) Fergie says privately this will be his best ever side within 18 months - a scarily exciting prospect

2) The style as well as the results makes every game exciting- last year we won the league but only a handful of games stood out in reality, so far every one this year has already

3) We cannot get carried away, Chelsea were also free scoring this time last year and medals aren't won in August

4) We still would not beat Barca in a European final

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 am
Site Admin

Oli wrote:
3) We cannot get carried away, Chelsea were also free scoring this time last year and medals aren't won in August

I agree with that point but I think Chelsea picked up a few injuries whereas we're in the opposite position with the likes of Rio, Vidic, Rafael and Valencia to come back into the squad so the fact that we've got such impressive cover is encouraging.

That said, an injury to Rooney or Young could change things considerably so lets hope we've got the majority of our injury troubles out the way already this season.

And obviously the key games will be when we face the likes of Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 am
Profile WWW

Great result and performance! Was talking at work all week of how we could destroy Arsenal although i never really believed we would win bythe margin we did, great to see!

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:34 am