View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 am

Chelsea (h) 

Post Chelsea (h)
Could have been a rout but a great result anyway

Mon May 09, 2011 1:26 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Chelsea (h)
Great result, was nervous before kick off. The early goal definitely helped but you always worry that we may sit back and try and defend it but we took it to them the whole game and could easily have been five or six if Hernandez had finished one of his chances, Cech hadn't made a couple of decent saves and the ref had given either of the penalties.

It's not job done yet but you'd hope that we could pick up at least a point against Blackburn and save it going down to the last day of the season. Would be nice to be able to play a second string against Blackpool if we've got the title wrapped up as I definitely wouldn't mind them taking three points and seeing them stay up with West Ham, Wigan and Wolves going down.

Park was man of the match for me, chased after the ball all day and was good when he had the ball. Giggs was awesome again and Vidic was once again at his best. Don't think I could critisise a single one of our players for their performance yesterday though.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:26 am
Profile WWW
UO Muppet Hater

The whole team was amazing.

When we smashed Schalke away the critics pointed out they were a crap team. Now no one can doubt that, when we click as a team, few can do much about it. We have players with enormous desire and huger - which has made up for a lack of quality all season- but under pressure (unlike Arsenal) we reach peaks.

I still think we will get battered by Barca but after yesterday we could make a really good game of it if we play like that again.

Ridiculously good atmopshere at Old Trafford, the place was buzzing apart from a few very nervy patches.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 am
Site Admin

My concern before this match was our energy level matching theirs due to playing more games in the same time. We looked tired last week at the Emirates, and I was fearing more of the same. Thankfully, that was not the case. We came out guns blazing, and the rent boys never knew what hit them. A little better finishing and the scoreline could have been much worse.

To be within touching distance of number 19 is just magical. I still cannot stop smiling. How good would it be if we won the league 15 minutes before the berties walk out at Wemberley? And, if Stoke play anything like they played yesterday, Citeh could be in for a long day and the real possibility of extending their own miserable streak!

Things are falling nicely into place. 8)

Mon May 09, 2011 3:11 pm