View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 pm

West Ham United v Manchester United 

Post West Ham United v Manchester United
How do you see this going?

On a side note, I'd like to add - this seems to be the time of the season where we can really make it count, and build a good lead if we play in the same mode we have been in recent weeks. Arsenal's next 2 games are Everton away and West Ham at home; Chelsea have Newcastle home and Fulham away, and though I don't consider them to be a threat, Liverpool have City away. We have West Ham away, Birmingham and Newcastle at home. I see either Arsenal or Chelsea, or both, dropping points in the next couple of games - based on their recent form. Vital time for us, as we have the easier games right now.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:26 pm

Well today is by some way the toughest of our next three league fixtures. But Ferdinand, Van Der Sar, Giggs, Hargreaves (if fit), Anderson, Tevez and even Ronaldo will be pretty fresh, while I am assuming with all their injuries West Ham won't be in a similar position of being able to rotate. If we can get the three points today, Arsenal will step out at Goodison four points adrift so could be a massive match for us.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:05 pm
VDS is not playing. But Hargreaves is def fit. Difficult game regarding our two last games against them, as they seem to raise their game (they had enough incentive last time I know) against us. But on the whole, as Fergie is keen to point out, we've a good record down there and we're going into the game with good form even though i imagine the midfield will look quite different today than it did against Sunderland. We should win it, but as Neil says, it has the potential to be the most difficult of the next three.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:35 pm

fletch keeps his place. Anderson and Nani on the bench.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:11 pm
great header from Ronaldo. He's unstopppable at the moment. Thanks to ReMad for the swift multimedia post as i can't get a live stream for this one.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:26 pm
Site Admin

Listings suggest that the following is available on SopCast

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/22508

Just showing darts at the moment and I missed the first half so can't verify it but give it a try and wait for the second half. ;)

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:51 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:53 pm

Yeah, I've been watching that stream fine for whole of the first half. The darts were on before 3pm as well, then it switches when game starts.

We are struggling a bit, not keeping possession very well. Great move for the goal between Saha, Giggs and Ronaldo, but that apart we've not created an awful lot and they've missed a few presentable chances. Wouldn't mind seeing Anderson on for Fletcher.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:01 pm
UO Gaffer

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:57 pm
penalty miss was a turning point i think as we'd started to knock it around a bit by then. But their set pieces were a handful for us and the second was a beauty but i'm not sure that leaving Fletcher to mark Ferdinand for the first was a great idea. Having said that of course they had quite a few in there with height to keep an eye on.

Hammers deserved the three points on the second half showing. Missed the first half so can't comment.

Last edited by hetixo on Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:57 pm

Crap. 3 huge points gone; brings Chelsea a whole lot closer with them beating Newcastle... We can only pray Everton pull off something against the Arses tonight.
We played poorly, and deserved to lose. Ronaldo in particular was off-colour; his missed penalty summed it up.
West Ham's getting to me now, it's 3 on the trot for them...

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:58 pm

Can't really begrudge West Ham the win. We only really got going midway through the second half when Anderson came on, but then after missing the penalty it gave them a massive lift. Why on earth Fletcher stayed on for the full 90 absolutely mystifies me, he was dreadful.

The defeat is more likely to let Liverpool back into things than Chelsea, but that aside I wouldn't bet against Arsenal going back top with a win this evening.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:02 pm
UO Muppet Hater

Terrible performance. They seemed to want to sit on 1-0- eg Tevez being taken off - and West Ham deserved to win as they took risks and pushed fowards.

Friend of mine sat next to Ferguson in director's box who was furious Mike Phelan was not answering his mobile on the bench so Fergie could give instructions. He also said Rooney was too ill to travel from a virus rather than being rested as we had all assumed.

Hopefully Everton can contain Arsenal in the second half. But even if they do and spare our blushes, this has still brought Liverpool and Chelsea right back into the title race.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:20 pm
UO Gaffer

So what the f**k was Micky Phelan playing at?! I'm probably reading too much into it but if no instructions were reaching the bench, have we just witnessed another overly cautious tactical cock up from Carlos?

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:49 pm
So what the f**k was Micky Phelan playing at?! I'm probably reading too much into it but if no instructions were reaching the bench, have we just witnessed another overly cautious tactical cock up from Carlos?

Either that or Micky should turn his phone on to vibrate

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:00 pm
UO Gaffer

LOL. Aye. Probably hasn't got pockets in the shorts he still insists on wearing either.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 pm
UO's Cork Lass

Any takers that Phelan got a mobile phone lodged into his head courtesy of SAF after the match? Look for a nokia shaped imprint at the birmingham game.

Please help the Manchester United Supporters Trust to get 100,000 members- it won't cost you anything and your email address is protected by the Data Protection Act. Join for free at https://www.joinmust.org/join/free.php

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
UO Muppet Hater

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:27 am

Terrible performance

Terrible, sloppy and a quite worrying performance as far as i was concerned. We had no application and our closing down was non-existent.

Apart from Kuszczak, there was no other United player who i thought had a good game. Tomasz had no chance with both their goals, but he kept us in it with the save from Solano and it was one of his better displays...

...i do agree that Fletcher was dreadful but he wasn't he only one who was.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 pm
UO 2008/09 League Champion

Regarding Fergie's quotes that came out today about players attitudes, does anyone know if he was referring to a problem that's within the club at the moment or if he was spaeking generally?

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:45 pm