View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Sunderland (away) 

Post Sunderland (away)
Good boost to the goal-difference, a pair of much-needed confidence boosting goals for Saha...I only caught the last 20 minutes, but am assuming Sunderland were very poor - even so, four goal victories away are rare to come by, hopefully puts a bit more pressure on the Gooners as they've a couple of tricky away games coming up. Onwards and upwards!

P.S. Good to see Park back on the pitch too, not one of my personal favourites but he's a real trier and it's never nice to see players out for long spells.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:52 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

Great result, am very happy for Saha. Great to see Ronaldo get another, brilliant free kick, pace, precision. Nice goal by Rooney, lurking around on the defensive line unmarked.

Even better that Chelsea managed to concede 4 goals to Villa to only get one point from the fixture.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

And, thanks to Arsenal dropping two points at Portsmouth, we're now a point clear at the midway stage. I think each and everyone of us would gladly have taken that after three games of the season. Since then we've won 14 from 16 in a spell that's included games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Excellent statistically, but I don't think we've seen the best of the team yet due to a variety of reasons. We may end up empty-handed, but it should at the very least be an exciting five months ahead of us...

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:46 pm
UO 2008/09 League Champion

And, thanks to Arsenal dropping two points at Portsmouth, we're now a point clear at the midway stage. I think each and everyone of us would gladly have taken that after three games of the season. Since then we've won 14 from 16 in a spell that's included games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Excellent statistically, but I don't think we've seen the best of the team yet due to a variety of reasons. We may end up empty-handed, but it should at the very least be an exciting five months ahead of us...

Brilliantly put!
Win, lose or draw, it should be great to watch!

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:23 am

Sunderland were really really poor, but it shows our strength when our 4th and 5th choice central midfielders can help produce a 4-0 away win. Rooney was at his best yesterday, Sunderland couldnt get near him and it was great to see him get a goal. With us only having 3 recognised strikers, its important that they can all make an impact, so it was a great boost for Louis' confidence in scoring twice.
Now onto a tough away game at West Ham in which they'll no doubt put 10 times as much effort into compared to any other league game. If we're at anything approaching our best though, we should win.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 am
UO 2006/07 League Champion

I think we have much more about us than we did for our last visit to Upton Park and expect us to take much more from the game this time around.

Rooney was busy in all the right ways yesterday and looked like he was in the form he was showing prior to the ankle injury.

It was good to see Carrick,Fletch & Saha get minutes and good time on the ball under their belt that should provide them with a good boost for the new year and help us keep our place at the head of the pack.

If we do take the points from the hammers and bag the home points against Birmingam it will be the end of a fantastic christams and start to what should hopefully be a fantastic new year

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:47 am

Sunderland was surprisingly easy. Feels really good to be at the top finally; now I just hope we get 3 from Upton Park tomorrow. We suffered a surprise defeat there last year, let's pray that doesn't happen again - and it shouldn't, with our squad performing the way it has in the past few weeks.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:15 pm