View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 am

United vs. Everton 

Post United vs. Everton
Comg up to half-time now, one each. Ronaldo and Cahil scorers. I am listening to it on the Radio and we sound a bit disappointing.

COME ON UNITED.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:40 pm

we look dissapointing. 1-1 HT. have to dig deep to grind out the winner. don't look fluent at all at the moment. COME ON!

Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:49 pm

second half is frustrating, we should be 2-1 up by now.

wrapping presents listened to this is giving me a headache.

i feel we either neen a dodgy pen, a magical goal or flukey deflected goal.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:25 pm

second half is frustrating, we should be 2-1 up by now.

wrapping presents listened to this is giving me a headache.

i feel we either neen a dodgy pen, a magical goal or flukey deflected goal.

well wasnt dodgy, a pen as requested by me.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:58 pm

happy holidays to everybody :)

Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:13 pm
UO Gaffer

That's a great result considering the form the Blue Scousers have been on, vital 3 points at a vital stage.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:40 pm

Great result. Didn't think that was gonna come, what a foolish tackle from Pienaar. We'll take that, we were no luckier than Arsenal were yesterday.

We better hope that Gary Neville gets fit double-quick, especially if Brown is gonna go. Much as I like to see young local lads doing well, Simpson - who I think has a bit of potential - was a complete and utter liability in the first half and O'Shea, though a bit more solid, doesn't seem to look before he passes the ball at times...

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:54 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

Shame for him giving away a bad tackle after he did so well for setting up Everton's goal.

Ah well who gives a shit we won and thats what matters....I was so nervous for the penalty, didn't doubt Ronaldo but it was all on the line....I think I peed a little haha

Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

And after the reaction we had over Browns Performance against bindippers, anyone care to talk about how commited he looked today?

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:30 pm
Site Admin

And after the reaction we had over Browns Performance against bindippers, anyone care to talk about how commited he looked today?

Unfortunately, I had to miss today's match so I cannot comment on his performance. But, sounds like you are looking to pick at a sore spot. I SURE hope I'm wrong about that...

The last thing I'll say on this IS this. I don't like him. I have never liked him. He has bags of talent, and is a fine player. But, there is something about him that rubs me the wrong way. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. I make no apologies for it. To ANYONE!

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:05 am
UO Muppet Hater

He played well. Far better than at Anfield. Credit where it is due.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:25 am

my 2nd stretford end experience was awesome. lots of signing and a great game to go with it.

i thought ronaldo was class today, again. tevez and rooney (once he stopped storming around like a 10 year old) were busy and looked good aswel.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:04 am
Avnish wrote:

Unfortunately, I had to miss today's match so I cannot comment on his performance. But, sounds like you are looking to pick at a sore spot. I SURE hope I'm wrong about that...

The last thing I'll say on this IS this. I don't like him. I have never liked him. He has bags of talent, and is a fine player. But, there is something about him that rubs me the wrong way. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. I make no apologies for it. To ANYONE!

Like Oli says. Credit where it's due. Good job Fergie's selection policy isn't based on 'not being able to put his finger on it'. Words of 'wisdom' there for you. :lol:

We were quite wonky for a while, but i thought the pressure we put on them in the second half deserved the three points.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:59 am
UO Muppet Hater

We were quite wonky for a while, but i thought the pressure we put on them in the second half deserved the three points.

I do not think we deserved 6 points from Everton this season, but we deserved yesterday's more than we did the win at Goodison. But, you make your own luck right?!

Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:17 pm
Site Admin

We better hope that Gary Neville gets fit double-quick, especially if Brown is gonna go. Much as I like to see young local lads doing well, Simpson - who I think has a bit of potential - was a complete and utter liability in the first half and O'Shea, though a bit more solid, doesn't seem to look before he passes the ball at times...
To be honest, I thought O'Shea was even more of a liability in the second half, numerous times giving the ball away and putting us under pressure neadlessly.

Hopefully Rio will be fit again shortly though and Brown can return to right back. If he does leave in the summer then we could do with decent cover for Neville and hopefully we'll be looking for an Evra like player for the right back spot.

It's the strongest squad we've had in ages and a great sign that the potential transfers now are probably for covering the likes of Neville, Vidic and Ferdinand as apposed to trying to find replacements for Keane, Beckham, Scholes and Giggs etc as it looks like Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Anderson and possibly Nani will be more than up to the task.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Good job Fergie's selection policy isn't based on 'not being able to put his finger on it'. Words of 'wisdom' there for you. :lol:

Yeah, because as we all know, Fergie's selection process has never been anything but perfect...:roll:

Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:31 pm
UO Muppet Hater

To be honest, I thought O'Shea was even more of a liability in the second half, numerous times giving the ball away and putting us under pressure neadlessly.

Yes, he was a disaster for the first 10 mins he was on, but he improved after that.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:20 pm

Huge 3 points with christmas football and two away games on the horizon.

The performance wasn't the best but we played well enough to deserve 3 points imo.

Ronaldo's first goal was terrific and the mental strength he has shown when taking the penalty just shows how he has matured over the last 2 years.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:21 am

Avnish wrote:

No need for me to pick at sore spots, I just happen to think there was a mass over reaction to his performance against Liverpool so thought it important to recognise that he had a good game, like others have said - credit where its due.

I actually like Brown and always have - he has over the years recognised his role in a squad and been happy to fulfil that role - I don't know the in's and out's over the current contract negotiations but then i'm guessing only a few will.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:33 pm