View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Will Ronaldo be at United next season? 

Yes 65%  65%  [ 15 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 23

Site Admin

Post Will Ronaldo be at United next season?
Everybody seems to have an opinion on this at the moment but do you think Manchester United will hang on to Cristiano Ronaldo over the summer transfer window?

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think the writing was on the wall after the WC. No matter what your take on who said and did what and who didn't. One thing remains perfectly clear. The player has spoken of his desire of a move to Spain, and it isn't a question of "if" but rather, "when" IMHO

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:02 pm
Site Admin

Nope.

I think the writing was on the wall after the WC. No matter what your take on who said and did what and who didn't. One thing remains perfectly clear. The player has spoken of his desire of a move to Spain, and it isn't a question of "if" but rather, "when" IMHO

He's spoken of a desire to play in Spain but he hasn't said at any point which season he'd like to play in Spain. You'd have thought that if he was going to go then he'd have gone last season so it wouldn't make sense for him to leave on the back of his best season yet.

Maybe the key to it is how well we do in the Champions League this season. If we get further than Barcelona or were to knock them out then would he be pushing for a move to them?

Personally I don't think anything's in concrete yet but if we were to get knocked out by Lille and Barcelona went on to win the Champions League again, then I think it will prove a lot harder to hold on to him.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It's just a hunch, but if he does leave, I think it will have a large amount to do with climate. Pretty hard to play attractive football in sub-zero weather...8-)

I also think that if we win the league, he'll be off. A sort of "I've conquered England" thing...

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:03 pm
If we win the league and he goes, I cannot see us winning the title again until the Cunts have long been kicked out and the club is healthy again. We will not be able to replace him, and that's on top of the fact that we are now;

1. ready to let the likes of RVN go to bring in other players,
2. not bringing on the youngsters of the quality that we've become accustomed to, and
3. almost certain to lose Fergie when he actually realises he's not got the backing he needs to sustain a squad of players to do the business.

That said, there's no one better at persuading players to stay on who are threatening to leave, or getting rid of apparent immortals for that matter.

At best it's a stay of execution and I expect him [ronaldo] to leave at some point, i just hope and pray that he's here for another season before he goes.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:30 pm
UO Muppet Hater

If we win the league and he goes, I cannot see us winning the title again until the Cunts have long been kicked out and the club is healthy again. We will not be able to replace him, and that's on top of the fact that we are now;

1. ready to let the likes of RVN go to bring in other players,
2. not bringing on the youngsters of the quality that we've become accustomed to, and
3. almost certain to lose Fergie when he actually realises he's not got the backing he needs to sustain a squad of players to do the business.

That said, there's no one better at persuading players to stay on who are threatening to leave, or getting rid of apparent immortals for that matter.

At best it's a stay of execution and I expect him [ronaldo] to leave at some point, i just hope and pray that he's here for another season before he goes.

Spot on!

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:23 am

Maybe the key to it is how well we do in the Champions League this season. If we get further than Barcelona or were to knock them out then would he be pushing for a move to them?

I have a feeling that's going to be right....

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Spot on.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Its going to happen at some point in the future, but at the moment he's seems to be really enjoying himself in Manchester. He's playing the best football of his career, he's getting special treatment from the manager (Dubai trip) and it looks like the club are willing to double his wages.

Winning one or two trophies this year will convince him further that he's at the right place.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 am
UO Illegal Cannuck

If we do well and win the Premiership/and or even the Champions League, he might think that he's achieved everything he could at United and would want another challenge..

If he finishes trophyless, then he might want elsewhere to move to win trophies......

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:06 am

Ronnie will stay next season and then we will sell him. Just hope we have a replacement for him...

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:14 pm
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Im hoping for the same mate at least that he will give us another season after this and review whats happening.

If as mentioned Barca is the only club he would leave us for he has a shrewd enough agent to tell him to hold tight until there shambles of a set up has calmed down and hopefully by then he will have a giggsy style affiliation with the club that he feel's there is no better club to showcase his talent than United.

All that is not taking into account the debt an the Glazers need to ease it but with a talent as big as his and a debt as big as our's at some point he will be used to ease the loans im just hoping it's not that soon

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:27 pm

thers only one way when u leave utd DOWNHILL just ask ince becks kanchelskis and co name one player who has improved his career since leaving utd

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:18 pm
UO Gaffer

thers only one way when u leave utd DOWNHILL just ask ince becks kanchelskis and co name one player who has improved his career since leaving utd

Erik Nevland, playing for FC Groningen now in the Dutch league and is having a really good career lmfao :roll: :P

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Hungry like the Wolf

I think he'll be here next season than after who knows.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:33 pm
UO's Cork Lass

I've been undecided about this til now but I think personally that the Glazers will keep him for another season as part of a PR move i.e. to show the fans that they are not just in it for the money-only to sell him the summer after of course. To sell him this soon would really show the fans their true colours and I don't think thats a gamble they are gonna take this year. Not when it has been going so well. He'll probably be worth more next year too if we have won the league this season etc i.e. we can ask for more if he's at a successful club who can offer everything Barca can offer. I could be all wrong but this is my guess anyway.

Part of me would love for them to sell him this year, pi** of SAF so then he pretty much wants out, the likes of Nev, Giggsy and Scholesy will be on the way out after him and then it all goes wrong for the Glazers and finally the wait and see brigade will realise what they've let themselves in for and change sides thus making life for Mal and co even more difficult.

Please help the Manchester United Supporters Trust to get 100,000 members- it won't cost you anything and your email address is protected by the Data Protection Act. Join for free at https://www.joinmust.org/join/free.php

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

RVN hasn't done too badly for Madrid, has he?

Though with the rest of the club doing so terribly, I guess his form's going too

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 am
Site Admin

red wrote:

RVN hasn't done too badly for Madrid, has he?

Though with the rest of the club doing so terribly, I guess his form's going too

Beckham's performances at Madrid weren't bad and Nistelrooy has been playing well at Madrid but what have either of them won since leaving United?

Fair enough, Ruud hasn't completed a season yet but I don't think you can say he's been successful yet either especially as it doesn't really look as though Madrid are going to win anything this year either.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:14 am
Profile WWW

Madrid have been struggling to score goals and Ruud has come under some criticism from sections of the madrid support. If you take away the 7 goals he scored in two games 4 against Levante and and a hatrick against I forgot who, his record isn't that great, and he's gone through a couple draughts this season.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 am

Tue May 01, 2007 3:38 pm