View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am

Liverpool v United 
Hungry like the Wolf

Post Liverpool v United
So how do we see this one going?

I'm hoping that we attack them from the off as I think they're vulnerable at the moment at the back. We seem to always go defensive against the so it would be nice to go all out on them.
If we sit back it'll be a draw if we go for them I can see us scoring 2 or 3.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:14 am
UO Gaffer

Same as ever, form and positions count for f**k all in these games, they're effectively derbys.

Draw would do nicely, but we can nick it if we go for them and use the pace against that Carragher/Hippy pairing at the back.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:56 am

Aside of the obvious rivalries and desire to beat those bastards, Arsenal's last two results, I would say, should embolden us to go for the win. A defeat wouldn't be the end of the world in terms of our title ambitions; I'd really like to see us try and take the game to them - otherwise we'll be in for a bore-fest like our other recent visits to Anfield. 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 (as enjoyable as O'Shea's winner was) are the last three scorelines, I believe. Fuck that, it ain't the United way.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:49 pm
Site Admin

Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
UO Gaffer

Yeah absolutely. They need the win more than we do, a draw would be better for us than them by far.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:47 pm
UO 2005/06 League Champion

Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:05 pm

all i want for christmas this year is 3 points from us tomorrow and 3 points for chelski.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Yeah absolutely. They need the win more than we do, a draw would be better for us than them by far.

wanting a draw, if we go for it the 3 points are there for the taking, their centre backs are slower than a tortoise with arthritis.

2-0 to us

Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:43 pm
UO Muppet Hater

Jonesy wrote:

wanting a draw, if we go for it the 3 points are there for the taking, their centre backs are slower than a tortoise with arthritis.

2-0 to us

It is pretty foolish to underestimate them when they completely outplayed us last season and have just found good form again- a 4-0 in Marseille is not bad. Torres/ Gerrard etc are players who can do damage and we are not at our best in recent weeks. I agree we can win but to laugh off the chances of a team literally just behind us in the table is not too clever. save the cockiness for 3.30 tomorrow hopefully.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:09 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

I'm quite anxious for tomorrow, and I think we'll take it 3-1!

Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Hungry like the Wolf

I would just love us to turn in a performance of the highest order and put them to the sword.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:25 pm

I have a beed feeling about this one, i hope i am wrong!

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:03 am
Hungry like the Wolf

A great performance at the back. VDS looked shacky at times but Rio and Vidic where brilliant.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:32 pm

thrilled about the final result. im still shocked as to what possessed rooney to miss the sucker punch of allll sucker punches. our defense won us that game today as they made liverpools possession look like a joke. I was barely worried when Liverpool attacked because they simply never had the invention for any penetration. When they did it was because of stupid clearances. I think Brown had a bad game today.

Im still worried about our possession play against the big teams. We have it right against the low sides and our counter and defense is possibly the best in the world imo. but if we are going to win europe and beat the possession teams of barca and milan we have to learn how to hold the ball better.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:54 pm

fucking amazing. not our best game, but fantastic defending - bar VDS, who was pretty poor today by his standards. hargreaves the MOM for me, he cancelled out the likesof gerrard. anderson pretty impressive today; rooney worked like a trojan, tevez was alright; quiet game from ronaldo.

there was a bit where the commentator said 'rooney's kissing his badge out there...'... any idea where i could get to see a clip of that?

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:48 pm
UO 2008/09 League Champion

Brilliant, and I got to watch it with one of my Liverpool supporting friends right next to me!

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:33 pm
UO Gaffer

There really is no finer thing in the world than beating those bastards in their own back yard, get right in :D

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:07 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

Wow, VDS nearly gave me an ulcer from the stress....he looked quite shaky, but in the end it worked out.

Of particular note, Hargreaves, Vidic and Rio, they shut down Liverpool so effectively, was amazing!

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
UO's Cork Lass

I agree, VDS stressed me out big time. What the f*ck was Wes Brown doing? He looked totally disinterested. So long a**h*le. I'm sure some of you like him but I hate it when players don't put any effort in and his pi** poor attempt at a throw summed up his performance. Abysmal.

Rio was great-deserved MOTM award. Thought the two lads in centre mid were fantastic. Really gelling together now. Rooney and Tevez- what can you add really? Great link up for the goal.

Ronaldo and Giggs really may as well have gone home at half time. Contributed very little IMO. Giggs was a bit better than Ronnie but it is worrying that Ronaldo still doesn't really show up for the big games.

I love beating the bin dippers at their home ground. Shame about the Arsenal result but hey, our own result is enough to keep me happy!

Please help the Manchester United Supporters Trust to get 100,000 members- it won't cost you anything and your email address is protected by the Data Protection Act. Join for free at https://www.joinmust.org/join/free.php

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 pm
Profile WWW