View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Ronaldo on world player shortlist 

Post Ronaldo on world player shortlist
I think Kaka will get the award but Ronaldo's time will come soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7121175.stm

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:16 pm
UO Gaffer

Hard to pick between them for talent but for influence and form over the last 12 months you've got to give Ronnie the nod I reckon...

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:54 pm

personally i think messi is the best player in the world however i think it will go to kaka (as a champions league winner)

not trying to take anything away from ronnie though. he is in the same class as both and had just as good as season as them aswel.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:24 pm

Have to agree with you birchy. Messi for me is the best player in the world but Kaka had a great season and therefore probably deserves it. Ronaldo has come a long way over the last 18 months and its great to see him considered as one of the worlds best.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:35 pm

i think ronaldo deserves to be on that list, three very good players on there, messi is fantastic he's skillful and is a key player for Barca, kaka is another fantastic player, his eye for goal is excellent. All in all i wouldn't like to be the person who has to choose between these fantastic players

who put the ball in the germans net? OLE GUNNER SOLSKJAER ! ! ! ! Gary Neville is a red, is a red, is a red, Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers ! ! ! WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ! ! WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ! ! !

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:01 pm
UO Muppet Hater

I always find players you do NOT watch for 90 minutes week in week our are always better. The simple reason is that you only ever see the highlights. Imagine people in Spain watching clips of Ronaldo with OUT ever seeing the step overs that do nto produce anything of the fluffed crosses. Messi and Kaka do them as often as Ronaldo, we just only see perfection from them as we watch them less. I personally put Messi and Kaka above Ronaldo, but only probably for the reason above.

As for who will win, I would say Kaka with Ronaldo second. These awards are often leaked to trophies and no one could deny that kaka was the key man in leading Milan to the biggest trophy. But Ronaldo was top scorer in United's league title campaign and also helped us to the semis of the CL. As for Messi, as gifted as he is, Barca ended up having a majorly disappointing season and that I think will count against him in the votes.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:41 pm

Kaka just won the Ballon D'or (the one where journalists vote for who they think is the best player world) with Ronaldo coming in second, Messi 3rd, and Drogba 4th.

THe FIFA player of the year will probably have the same outcome, Cannavaro won both awards last year.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 am