View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:00 pm

CL: United - Sporting 

Post CL: United - Sporting
What a cracker!

We didn't play particularly well in the first half but with the introduction of Giggsy and Tevez we looked much more like winning it. Hammered them to the ground during the last 30 min.

Great goals - specially the last one :)

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:42 pm

It was important to top the group, i thought we played quit well, cracking goal by Ronaldo, one of the moments of the game for me was 85th minute a Sporting player trying to take Vidic and comes out worse, with Vidic back on his feet like nothing happend!

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:50 pm
UO Gaffer

Damn what a shot, but better then that, no pressure going to Roma with the scousers behind that game good we got a win here

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
I was more than a bit surprised that Fergie started with three centre midfields at home, when he was so keen to win the group?

I can understand why he might have wanted Saha on his own, as there's no better way then getting him match fit by having him chase everything on his own, but we're used to playing five in the middle with Rooney out wide, and Carrick Fletch and Anderson were neither used to playing that way or comfortable in trying it out.

Tevez changed the game, no doubt. great free kick from ronnie goes without saying.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:06 pm

Great result. i missed the 1st half but 2nd half we looked good and deserved the win.

I really wasnt expecting Ronaldo to have as good a season as last years but the lad continues to prove me wrong. quality throughout.

if anything yesterday it shows how much we really need a 4th striker.
tooney injured, tevez being rested meant we started a home game against a lower team with 1 up top (a half match fit saha)

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:07 am
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Tevez turned the game we looked lost before he came on.

Carrick & Anderson had a much better hold on the game in the second half with him as a link that dropped deep to help build the play instead of the 3 central midfield guys getting in each others way as we saw in the first half.

I was suprised it took so long to get a winner after we gort level but the goal was well worth the wait.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:24 am

I was most impressed by Anderson in the second half. His passes were fantastic and I've noticed the guy loves giving through balls. Also his passes are laid infront of the player so that whoever runs onto his passes have some momentum going forward rather than having to waste time controlling the ball and then running forward.. I hope I'm understandable there.. I thought he played very well.
Ronaldo had a cracking second half. In the 77th minute when he was on the edge of the box he was trying to take on a player and although it took a little long he managed to get a fantastic cross in. His skill was just breath taking and his goal was absolutely class.
Defence looked a bit better, we were fortunate Liedson was slightly offside when he scored, but other than that, and once or twice in the first half, we were fine.
A shout out to Giggs also, he came in the second half and did a fine job, you could tell our crosses were much better in the second half.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:17 am

Ronaldo scored a beautiful goal, what a free kick that was. Tevez and giggs got United back on the right foot when they came on at the start of the second half. well its another 3 points and we have won the group, fantastic result!!!

who put the ball in the germans net? OLE GUNNER SOLSKJAER ! ! ! ! Gary Neville is a red, is a red, is a red, Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers ! ! ! WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ! ! WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ! ! !

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:15 pm