View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm

bolton v MUFC 

Post bolton v MUFC
so now that england debacale is over, more important matters, a tough away trip to a 'rejuvinated' bolton.

i worry that tevez may not start after going to s.america and hearing him say that it had knackered him out.

hopefully saha and ronaldo can step up and get us the 3 points.

im going with a tough 2-1 win.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Always a tough trip, but we've got a decent record at the Reebok.

The threat of Anelka worries me, but if Vidic plays then we've got every chance of keeping him at bay considering how strong we've been defensively all season.

Hopefully Tevez plays, and Saha now has the perfect opportunity to show United what they have been missing. I seem to remember him scoring a superb goal at the Reebok not so long ago, outside of the boot curled into the bottom corner. A repeat of something along those lines would be great.

These are the games we need to win if we're gonna hold onto our title.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:14 pm

0-1 down at half time, and playing poorly. No Vidic & Ronaldo either, which seems to be influencing our performance a lot...
If don't improve our game in the second half, I really don't see us getting more than a point today - even that could be difficult to come by. And this is another must-win, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all having easy games this weekend.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:57 pm

we have been poor.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:18 pm
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Ive seen nothing but the text commentry but it would appear a rusty Tevez & Saha are doing little to cover the abscence of Ronaldo & Rooney.

Big points to drop at this stage in the season should we do so

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:24 pm

come on wigan! haha.. thats all we can ask for i think; 15 minutes to go.
i just cannot see us putting the ball in the net.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:39 pm

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:57 pm
Site Admin

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:59 pm
UO 2006/07 League Champion

Anderson & Hargreaves have been a superb midfield combo and I see no reason why Ronaldo would need or want a rest when we have a dead rubber of a CL tie at home midweek, which he could have missed if they really wanted to give him a breather.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:18 pm

Lacklustre performance. We were woeful in the first half, our players never got going and we gifted them a goal which game them something to hold on to. We dominated the 2nd without creating much. Tevez had a golden chance to get us back into the game, if he'd have taken it Bolton might have crumbled under the pressure, instead he put it wide and we probably got what we deserved.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:21 pm
I blame Steve McLaren, and too many Scandinavian players in the game. Or at least there are in Xpert Eleven.

Very disappointed to see Anderson not start this game. He's tackled better than Scholes, sees a killer pass quicker than Scholes, and apart from goalscoring has been every inch the replacement. It was obviously going to be a physical encounter and he would have faired a lot better than Carrick in that department. By all accounts, the game changed when he came on. Mental note Fergie.

Still, at least England won't be in Euro 2008.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 pm

I haven't seen the game, but it sounds like it was one of those frustrating days where nothing was ever going to go our way. Oh well, onwards and upwards. I can't understand why Fergie didn't start with Ronaldo if the boys not injured, I mean rest him in mid-week if you really want to for fuck's sake.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Now I'm sure MU really needs Vidic (it was Pique's mistake, when Anelka scored), because Pique still hasn't got expirience. No C. Ronaldo, no Rooney - nobody puts goal... Even VDS tried to score in the end :shock:

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:31 pm
Profile ICQ

Very disappionting result, Agree with Darren about SAF tinkering to much with the team, with Rooney injured we had only 2 quality strikers in the squad i don't know if it was the right time to rest Ronaldo, i mean at least have him on the bench.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:35 pm
UO's Canuck EH?

Maybe it was the special 1.5 litre bottle of Grolsch that I knocked back at 10am whilst watching the match, or I've just lost it all together but
I was deflated after that display. We just got it all wrong.

Lets hope this doesn't affect us too badly, and look to the future, as usual we'll bounce back

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:10 am
Profile WWW

apparently ronaldo had a groin strain so that might explain why he wasnt on the bench.

unfortunatly we do seem to be a much poorer side when we dont have rooney and ronaldo (see start of seaon)

not seen any highlights of the game yet but by all accounts we tried hard but there was no real quality at the end.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:56 pm