View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Manchester United v Dynamo Kiev Interview Questions 
Site Admin

Post Manchester United v Dynamo Kiev Interview Questions
1 - With United nearly through to the next round of the Champions League, how will we approach this game?

2 - Fergie has a habit of resting players for games that we should be winning, what is your opinion on this tactic?

3 - Dynamo Kiev need to win all of their remaining three matches to give them any hope of reaching the next stage so how do you see them approaching this game?

4 - Kiev reached the semi final of the 1998-99 Champions League but have recently struggled and this season find themselves 10 points behind leaders Shakhtar Donetsk in the league. What do you feel has been the downfall of the Ukrainian's?

5 - The likes of Marseille, Rosenborg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Rangers all find themselves in good positions at the half way stage of the group fixtures but which side have surpassed your expectations this season in the Champions League and impressed you most?

6 - At the opposite end of the scale, which side(s) have failed to live up to expectations and why do you think this is the case of these sides?

7 - After three games, who do you think are the major challengers for this seasons Champions League?

8 - Before the fixtrues for the group stages kicked off, United and Roma were the obvious favourites to qualify. Do you think that this is still the case even though Roma now have difficult trips to Kiev and Sporting whilst their last home game is against United?

9 - Gary Neville sat out of training on Tuesday so it appears he'll be missing from the squad on Wednesday. The team will therefore be picked from: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Evans, Evra, Simpson, Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Anderson, Fletcher, Eagles, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Saha, Rooney and Tevez. Who do you think will make the starting eleven?

10 - Predict the score and the goal scorers? (Maybe a goal for Rio on his birthday?)

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 pm
Profile WWW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - With United nearly through to the next round of the Champions League, how will we approach this game?

I think SAF will start with a team capable of winning but will not put out a full strength team, we are spoilt for players in the midfield, so he can easily rest players in that department without affecting the balance of the team, in defence maybe Pique and O'shea to start and upfront a start for Saha.

2 - Fergie has a habit of resting players for games that we should be winning, what is your opinion on this tactic?

As much as i hate it sometimes but Fergie is the master and in him we trust.

3 - Dynamo Kiev need to win all of their remaining three matches to give them any hope of reaching the next stage so how do you see them approaching this game?

With caution despite this fact, they know if the went all out attack that we could destroy them on the counter, so i think they will flood the midfield and try to slow play down and hope to contain us and nick a win.

4 - Kiev reached the semi final of the 1998-99 Champions League but have recently struggled and this season find themselves 10 points behind leaders Shakhtar Donetsk in the league. What do you feel has been the downfall of the Ukrainians?

The selling of most of their star players, they are looked upon as a feeder club and any player who shines with them is usually on the move soon.
Unlike Shaktar who are a team built around a strong unit Kiev are a team usually built around one or two stars.

5 - The likes of Marseilles, Rosenberg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Rangers all find themselves in good positions at the half way stage of the group fixtures but which side have surpassed your expectations this season in the Champions League and impressed you most?

Marseilles are the best postioned but Rangers have an equal points tally and are in an arguably stronger group, so i would say Rangers.

6 - At the opposite end of the scale, which side(s) have failed to live up to expectations and why do you think this is the case of these sides?

Liverpool, i think the major changes their manager has made to the team and his so called rotation policy has had an adverse effect on the team.

7 - After three games, who do you think are the major challengers for this seasons Champions League?

I would say Us, Barcelona and i would add Milan and Real Madrid for their impressive history in the competition, the reason i did not give Arsenal a mention is that i think they are not mature enough and i think they depend too much on Fabregas who is by far their star player, so a suspension or injury to him and they would look like a different team.

8 - Before the fixtures for the group stages kicked off, United and Roma were the obvious favourites to qualify. Do you think that this is still the case even though Roma now have difficult trips to Kiev and Sporting whilst their last home game is against United?

Yes i would say that both us and Roma are still favorites to go through.

9 - Gary Neville sat out of training on Tuesday so it appears he'll be missing from the squad on Wednesday. The team will therefore be picked from: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Evans, Evra, Simpson, Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Anderson, Fletcher, Eagles, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Saha, Rooney and Tevez. Who do you think will make the starting eleven?

VDS, Brown, Pique, Ferdinand, O'Shea, Carrick, Anderson, Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, Saha.

10 - Predict the score and the goal scorers? (Maybe a goal for Rio on his birthday?)

3-1 United
Rooney, Saha, Ronaldo

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:10 pm

1 - Strongly with a view to resting players once we have qualified. i hope.

2 - I really hope with go with a strong team wiht few changes and qualify, then we should be looking finish top of the group whilst giving a few of the squad players some minutes. As seen in the carling cup i think we should play youngsters as part of a strong team and arounf 1st team regulars.

3 - Like their cup final.

4 - No idea

5 - The 2 scottish clubs have done really well and have given themselves great hope in qualifying.

6 - Liverpool. cause they are shit.

7 - Barcelona, United, Milan

8 - I expect Roma to qualify yes. Along with us.

9 - VDS, Oshea, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani, Tevez, Saha

10 - 3-0 Saha, Ronaldo (2)

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Post Re: Manchester United v Dynamo Kiev Interview Questions
I think Sir Alex will give rest to some players, who usually play in start. As I said earlier, I don't think United will have problems with DK.

With tolerance. Such coach as SAF always knows what to do.

I would be very very surprised if they would win.
Well, if Gusev and Shatskih will wake up, they could score 1 goal, but nothing more...
4 - Kiev reached the semi final of the 1998-99 Champions League but have recently struggled and this season find themselves 10 points behind leaders Shakhtar Donetsk in the league. What do you feel has been the downfall of the Ukrainian's?
First of all - Shevchenko, Kaladze went to Milan.
Second. They had terrible coach Dem'yanenko, now he's been changed to Sabo, but Sabo could do nothing with those dumbs, and few days ago Luzhnyy became new coach => they have no stability.
Third. IMHO Shovkovsky gets old, and nobody understands that Rybka is better, younger and stronger. Their problems.
Now they've bought a nice forward Bangoura, but one player can't make all the game.

5 - The likes of Marseille, Rosenborg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Rangers all find themselves in good positions at the half way stage of the group fixtures but which side have surpassed your expectations this season in the Champions League and impressed you most?
Shakhter impressed me only while playing with Benfica. Celtic - well, they are not so good while playing away. I'm impressed by Rosenborg.

Man United, Shakhter and Real Mad.

8 - Before the fixtrues for the group stages kicked off, United and Roma were the obvious favourites to qualify. Do you think that this is still the case even though Roma now have difficult trips to Kiev and Sporting whilst their last home game is against United?
Roma lost Totti... Anyway, I expect them to qualify, althogh I hate them.

VDS - Brown, Ferdinand,Vidic, Evra - Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani - Rooney, Tevez

4:0
Rooney(2), Ronaldo, Rio

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:08 pm
Profile ICQ

i think that some players will be rested and possibly we may see some youngsters such as Eagles introduced to the game.
SAF is a brilliant manager and knows what is the best option for United.

they will probabaly go out to win the game so we will we could see some strong attacking football from them.

i think losing shevchenko to Milan was a big blow to the team and they look like they haven't really got over it yet.

i think Rangers have had a brilliant campaign so far, they have played some fantastic football which is excellent to watch and look like they are a strong team this year.

Definately liverpool, to say that this is their most successful competition they ahve been pathetic this year.

United, Barcalona, and possibly Real Madrid.

i think Roma will quallify, they have some brilliant footballers and to have Totti on their side is a big boost.

................Van Der Sar..............
Brown.....Rio.........Vidic.......Evra
Ronaldo...Hargreaves...Carrick...Nani
.................Saha........Tevez......

score = United 3 Dynamo Kiev 0
Saha, Evra, Ronaldo

who put the ball in the germans net? OLE GUNNER SOLSKJAER ! ! ! ! Gary Neville is a red, is a red, is a red, Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers ! ! ! WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ! ! WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ! ! !

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:46 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Manchester United v Dynamo Kiev Interview Questions
Dave wrote:

Take control early, and go for the jugular. If not, stay patient and don't let it get away from you.
Quote:

I don't like it. I have never liked it, but who am I to tell fergie how to pick his team?
Quote:

Well, if they have any pride whatsoever, they will come out guns blazing. If not, then they will be done inside half an hour.
Quote:

Ugly women, and drinking aftershave lotion.
Quote:

Manchester United actually. They have played some good stuff. Years past they make us suffer through these group stages. The NEVER make things easy on us. This term, they look the part.
Quote:

Until tonight, Liverpool without doubt. They must be reading their own press.
Quote:

Manchester United , Barca, and Chelsea (they have so much talent, I've been trying to figure out how they haven't managed to win it yet)
Quote:

I think that experience will carry them through. They are a great side, with a lot of talent. They have been humbled in Europe before, and know what they need to do. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the didn't qualify.
Quote:
3-0 to Manchester United. Rooney, Saha, Carrick

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:06 pm
UO Muppet Hater

Caution from regular team members, and all out attack from others with a point to proove.

There is enough quality in the squad to bring in, for example, Saha, Nani and Carrick and win with changes. He will not mess with the team too much though.

They will come to keep it tight and get an honourable result. They will try to hold out for a 0-0 and if possible get a chance on the counter or from a set piece.

I do not know a lot about them but from the outside it seems like money talks, and they have lost good players because of that. The league in the Ukraine does not have enough appeal to keep players such as Shevchenko when the English, Spanish and Italians come calling.

Rosenborg- capped off tonight by a win in Valencia which was a big shock. But Rangers have also impressed with an incredible win in Lyon and then holding on to draw with Barcelona.

The scousers of course. Haha. But Valencia are also doing very badly and look to be out.

The English teams all have a chance despite Liverpool's bad start but you can never discount the Spanish giants or Milan. In other words, the usual suspects.

I think Roma will progress- they are strong team with experience and quality.

9 - Gary Neville sat out of training on Tuesday so it appears he'll be missing from the squad on Wednesday. Who do you think will make the starting eleven?
................Van Der Sar..............
Brown.....Rio.........Vidic.......Evra
Fletcher...Hargreaves...Carrick...Nani
.................Saha........Tevez......

score = United 2 Dynamo Kiev 0
Saha, Nani

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:27 pm
Site Admin

Well done to Oli and Hamzah... you're interviews are now featured on United Online and ManUtdNews respectedly...

http://www.unitedonline.co.uk/news-and- ... hp?id=2338

http://www.manutdnews.co.uk/?p=152

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

http://www.manutdnews.co.uk/?p=152#comments

Where do these people come from?!

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:43 am
Profile WWW

I read the post yesterday but it was so ridiculous that i thought i must be seeing things, sometimes i think people like this are doing it on purpose but then you get the misfortune of meeting some of them.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:49 pm