View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am

David Moyes 
Hungry like the Wolf

Post David Moyes
I have to admit, that when I first heard it was going to be David Moyes taking over I was a bit sceptical about whether he was the right man for such a big job. But having read a lot about his career and his approach, he does seem the perfect fit.

If he can get the likes of Anderson fit and able to complete a full 90 minutes, then that will obviously add to the squad from within.
We defiantly need additions in midfield and I would be delighted if we managed to bring in Thiago, although I won’t hold my breath as I think Barcelona are determined to keep hold of him.

I look forward to your comments Darren! :wink:

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 am
Site Admin

Post Re: David Moyes
I don't ever recall being more excited for the start of a new season!! I'm also glad to hear that Fletch may be back soon. Thiago would be a fantastic get, but I'm just not going to hold my breath on that one either!! Many keep saying that we haven't seen the best of Kagawa either, I hope to see it soon. Also, they need to sort out Rooney (with his 30 million quid skills and 2p head!). So much to look forward to including the crazy first month of fixtures!! Roll on, 2013-2014!!

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm
Hungry like the Wolf

Can you imagine what SAF would say about the fixtures!

I just hope the football's better this year, as at times it was dreadful last season.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 pm
Site Admin

I can only imagine the look on Fergie's face when he saw that fixture list! HAHA!
The close season has felt like an eternity this time. It's going to be a wild first month for DM.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm
Hungry like the Wolf

Rooney is now out of the pre-season tour, work that one out. He has been sent home, which seems strange as I assume the club doctor and physio are on the tour?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm
Site Admin

Not sure what to make of that. They say it's a hamstring. How convenient. Of course, it's great fodder for the rags. If he still wants out, I'm sure they'll have no trouble with it. Personally, I don't want a player that doesn't want to be here, and if that's the case here, see ya!! But, that said, Rooney is a great player. I'm just not so sure about his mental state all the time...

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:02 pm
Site Admin

Was really hoping the Mata and £10m for Rooney was a genuine story but it seems not.

To be honest, I'd be quite happy with a straight swap and not sure what Mourinho has against Mata although if I remember correctly he was the one responsible for getting rid of Robben when he was at Chelsea too.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Me too, Dave. Mata is a damn good player. Of course, so is Rooney, but I just don't see the passion with Rooney that we've had in the past.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 pm
Site Admin

Chelsea come to Old Trafford on 26th August. Just a few days before the transfer deadline so wouldn't surprise me if we held onto Rooney till then so he can't play against us and then got sold to Chelsea on deadline day. It'll make them stronger and us weaker though so would need some kind of replacement.

Sure the press will have a field day as well if he does go and no big signing comes in. Definitely need someone like Fabregas, Bale or Ronaldo to come in if Rooney does leave this summer in my opinion.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Hungry like the Wolf

It seems strange that we haven't managed to bring anyone it, I know there is still plenty of time, but you'd think Moyes would be egger to bring people in quickly, so they can gel with the squad and he can stamp his mark on the squad.

I can see us getting Fellaini and I think he would be a good addition, giving us mush needed bite in midfield, although I don’t think he will get away with half of what he did at Everton (the Shawcross head butt!).

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:03 am
UO Gaffer

I'm gobsmacked we haven't brought anyone in, really would have expected to see 3 or 4 in by now. What happened to all the talk about Strootman, anyone know? Would be happy to see him sign.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm
Hungry like the Wolf

Strootman has gone to Roma.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:36 pm

I was completely shocked when Strootman went to Roma. I thought he would've been a solid signing. It happened under everybody's radar. Saw bit of him at the U21 Euro this summer and looked like he would've done well for us.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:15 pm
Hungry like the Wolf

Well that transfer window went well. :roll:

Manchester United now the laughing stock of world football. :shock: :oops: :cry:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20 am
Site Admin

Not blaming the manager for it. It's the board's job to get it done. Colossal f**kups all round.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:19 pm
Hungry like the Wolf

And it now looks like Moyes has gone/is going very soon.

I've been surprised this season just how quickly things have gone down hill. Our approach play at times has been very slow, it would of been so bad if you could see the signs of a system we were trying to implement.

This season is now a right off and to make matters worse it looks like Liverpool are going to win the league, losing I can take but that........

Let's hope the next appointment gets back to an attacking mind set. Onwards and upwards for 2014/2015!

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm